Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Everyday is a Journal Page



This doesn't need any words but I just wanted to share this with whoever may take time to check out my blogs. In looking at what people with CF(http://cfhusband.blogspot.com) go through and families facing loss of a child. Again there are no words but its a reminder that life is so fragile and brief. Nothing short of sin to take life for granted. Even as I write this I know I don't take it all in. The creation, a conversation, another birthday, another wish, the ability to breathe, think, move, hear and see. To enjoy a handshake, a hug, a kiss, a good book, family, friends, a good laugh, a good cry...Beautiful chaos. In closing here are some words from Chris Rice

Every day is a journal page
Every man holds a quill and ink
And there's plenty of room for writing in
All we do is believe and think
So will you compose a curse
Or will today bring the blessing
Fill the page with rhyming verse
Or some random sketching

Teach us to count the days
Teach us to make the days count
Lead us in better ways
That somehow our souls forgot
Life means so much
Life means so much
Life means so much

Every day is a bank account
And time is our currency
So nobody's rich, nobody's poor
We get 24 hours each
So how are you gonna spend
Will you invest, or squander
Try to get ahead
Or help someone who's under


Has anybody ever lived who knew the value of a life
And don't you think giving is all
What proves the worth of yours and mine

Every day is a gift you've been given
Make the most of the time every minute you're living

Life Means So Much....selah

5 comments:

Donny said...

When I first heard the name "Beautiful Ache" I wondered what was so beautiful about aching. True, the world is hurting. However, I'm a firm believer in HOPE. To quote Stephen James, author of the book "Sailing Between The Stars-Musings on the Mysteries of Faith"

Every day we're both wasting away and being renewed. When God's Spirit moves, joy is reborn, and our lives, once new, can continually be renewed through faith and the promises of faith. Here's what I have to keep reminding myself; pain is real, but so is joy. Every moment, hope is available. Even now, peace can be mine.

I can't explain everything, but I do know that in the end, these light afflictions will give way to a greater joy!

anita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anita said...

Hey my Moroccan friend! Many blessings to you & your spouse as you embark on this new journey!

Hey, did you find Confessions of a CF husband from my sight? Or do you know them from somewhere else?

Take care, dear friend!

Wendy McA said...

Hi buckaroo, its been a while. just had to say thankyou for posting the beautiful video. i nurse babies just like Eliot, those who make it and those who watch us from their position above the clouds. thankyou for reminding me that each day is a gift and we should use it wisely. hope you are well, take care and enjoy your journey. much love from n.ireland. wendy aka bellybutton girl!! ;-)
(reply at my email,tanx)

CFHusband said...

Thank you!