Thursday, August 7, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well we made it back home. So hopefully by Monday I can post a somewhat detail blog about our trip. We enjoyed it which I know was greatly helped by our host Judah & Salma. I told my wife you do realize we are receiving comfort on a trip that we thought would be much harder. Everyone we worked with was smiling and very friendly. The Ministry ICY has been at work for 5 years in Nairobi and we were actually the first married couple they have had on their missions team. Anyway for those reading thanks for doing such and continue to do so. It seems though we have gained a few we have lost a few "bloggers" as well. By the way I am adding a picture of Jimmy in reference to an earlier blog, please check it out. I believe you will all agree he is quite a handsome young man. And the title is easy, no matter where you go its nice to be home, the bed and showers , everything just seems nicer. As my wife said even on vacation theres no place like home to which I added unless you're in Canaan (right, Donnie? :) ) Okay, well in 2 days of traveling (and the first flight Kenya to London was quite shaky to say the least) on the plane I had less than 3 hours of sleep so I think a nap sounds good right now. Thanks keep posting. Blessings.

4 comments:

Destiny said...

Hey guys! Glad to see everything went well and ya'll made it back nicely. Sorry I haven't responded much on here while you were away, I have been reading. I've just been...overwhelmed...I'm sure I'll update you on that at a later time. Are we still on for Sunday Bible Study?? Let me know, take care and I'll talk to you soon.

Donny said...

Yeah, welcome home. Glad you're safe. And I agree, there's no place like home...unless it's Canaan.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Is Jimmy with you? We just got back from a great week at the beach. Wanna hear all about the trip.

Donny said...

Hey Patty! Yeah, I want to hear about your trip too. You can be a representative for God everywhere you go. Wanna hear about my trip to....Amish country?