Friday, April 29, 2016

Loves Like a Hurricane..


smile emotico



I pray that if you have jealousy in your life, let it go. Give it over to God and let Him know that you love Him and let Him teach you what it looks like to have a holy jealousy. Jealousy if rooted in flesh will rip you apart and tear apart your relationships. Let God show you how much you are worth.Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame (Song of Songs 8:6, NIV).
Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame (Song of Songs 8:6, NIV).

God is a jealous God.
The root idea in the Old Testament word jealous is to become intensely red, referring to the way our face changes color with rising emotion when something or someone very dear to us is threatened. Both the Old and New Testament words for jealousy are translated “zeal.”
The definition for zealous is: fervent, dedicated, passionate, or devoted.
In other words, being jealous and being zealous is basically the same thing in the Bible. God is zealous – eager about protecting what is precious to Him. It’s the kind of jealousy that compels God to relentlessly pursue each one of us, no matter how we try to evade Him with our indifferent attitude or our propensity for sin.
I let jealousy take me over sometimes and no it's not the good kind described in the Bible. My jealousy is one that almost ripped apart my marriage in the early years. I was so afraid that if Buck went somewhere without me, even with guy friends that I was missing something, that maybe he wouldn't come back, that he would see that being married wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I saw myself very replaceable and didn't know why anyone would really want to stick around when the going got tough. I was passionate about my marriage and devoted, but in the wrong way. My jealousy didn't have trust in it. My jealousy was of flesh not of God. Something else that is bad about this story is that all of this came to the surface while we were away on missionary training...bad timing huh? Here we are supposed to be all "Godly" setting the example of what it means to have a Godly marriage and "going out into all the world to tell others about Christ," and I'm here yelling, having fits over my husband having "one on one" time with his leader at this training. Listen folks this was bad...I even was so mad that I told him I would pack my bags and be waiting at the courthouse when he got home (side note we are in Alberta Canada at this time). Long story short a teacher that we had at the time was a life changer for us and our marriage. The Lord gave him insight onto what was going on and called us in to talk with us and really helped me work through some very deep rooted problems in my heart.
So what is the point of all of this? Do I still get jealous at times? Oh yeah....I get jealous with Buck, with my friendships, etc. Does it still cause arguments? Yeah, but now I see it and I have a choice to make, do I want to dwell on it and let it rip me apart along with my relationships, or do I wanna grow and realize that God has me?
God is a jealous God, but His jealousy is Holy. He fights for us. But in that fighting for us He makes us feel loved, accepted, and worth the fight. He is so jealous for us that He died for us, and in that dying He was still pursuing people when He told the Father to forgive the people that were hanging Him on the cross because they knew not what they were doing, and also told the thief on the cross that He would see him in paradise.
So that is my little confession for the day.  I pray that if you have jealousy in your life, let it go. Give it over to God and let Him know that you love Him and let Him teach you what it looks like to have a holy jealousy. Jealousy if rooted in flesh will rip you apart and tear apart your relationships. Let God show you how much you are worth.

No comments: