Friday, March 2, 2012

Stuff Of Earth

This past week, a saint and servant of the Most High God  went home to stand in the presence of the God he's been seeking and leading others to.  This man had a present Word from God on the reality of Christ living within us. I've been fortunate enough to have sat under some of his teachings and experienced an unprecedented hunger for our Father.  I don't mean to brag on a man, but I believe in giving honor where honor is due.  For those blessed to have had any contact with him, your life will never be the same.  This man was a servant of God.  From the first time I heard him speak, I knew there was something different.  After I left, I had an unquenchable hunger for God and a stirring within me that left me unsatisfied with the ordinary.  I have never heard this man brag or boast in himself nor puff anyone up besides his Savior.  This past week, here on earth, we lost a general of the faith.  We all feel sad when someone close to us or someone that we respect passes on.  So what are we to do?   Today, I heard a song that reminded me of what's important and what's not. I'm learning that "stuff of earth competes for the allegiance I owe only to the giver of all good things."  When we look at someone's life that has passed, what really matters?   If they did something nice for us, does that count?  If they are liked by many, does that gain them any extra points?  If they teach us how to live, are we really better?   The apostle Paul said that we could give all we have to the poor, lay our life down, or even speak with eloquent words and yet if we don't have love, it really doesn't amount to a hill of beans...we haven't profited much.  I am finding that what really counts is if we have produced a conducive atmosphere that helps them connect with our Creator.  Stuff of earth is just that...stuff.  In the end, what will stand the test of time, eternity, are things that are born of heaven.  LOVE NEVER FAILS!!!  Foster those things in your life that are born of God.  God is love and everyone who loves is born of God, and knows God.    Enjoy the music of our long passed brother, Rich Mullins, who taught us to love and seek the lover of our souls.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72L-bDOozNY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No comments: