Friday, February 27, 2009

Success is to Admit...


Success in Life is not measured by what we achieve But by what we come to admit, It is not measured by how far we journey, how many zombies, goblins, or droids we slay or by our return as champions, It is not measured by how much good I do for any of the people I get paid to care about. Success in life is measured by what we come to admit. We need a ride from an eagle. We succeed when we admit that we are sinners in the hands of a God who has every right to obliterate us but has instead invited us to journey-to tour this playground of a planet and this universe of spirit and beauty and joy. We success when we admit-as a child admits. When she closes her eyes and soaks in her mothers song-that there is nothing for us to do to earn Gods love but to receive it. The point is not the triumph, the point is the deliverance-the point is not the hero-the point is the deliverer. I want the hero in me to die. I ADMIT I need My Lord. Now what?-
"My Beautiful Idol" Pete Gall

9 comments:

Unknown said...

PS..if anyone is out there, Im back,,DH, Fish, Des, followers and such...thanks for tagging and blogging along.

Destiny said...

I'll respond to that. You know I loved that book, I don't remember that section though.

Great book though!

Donny said...

Hurray! He's back. Great to hear from the peanut gallery too...yeah that's you Destiny. How u b? And where's Fish. Email me dude! My contact list is all messed up.

Unknown said...

Destiny hey while you have those peanuts make me some peanut butter...oh yea ah by the way as far as we know we are heading back to kenya this summer....

Destiny said...

I think I already knew that, didn't I?

anyway...hey so that's a no on that thing I was talking to you about this weekend...pray for me!

thanks buck, and hello donny!

fishinfool said...

Hey guys and gal. It has been so long since any new post, I thought you gave it up.
That is awesome. I am going to see if I can get the book.
Speaking of books, to all who like to read, check out www.paperbackswap.com
Donny will send email today.
It is good to hear/see from you all again.
Psalm 56.

Unknown said...

Fish, good to hear from ya! Yea I had a relapse on the blogging..i did check out the paperback swap,,and hey if you havent found that book let me know and I will send you it,a free gift for being a subscriber here :)...let me know...

fishinfool said...

Selah,
Free sounds good to me. I looked for it at Paperbackswap but could not find it. Sometimes stepping away for a while is the best thing we can do.
Looking forward to reading it. I'll get your email address from Donny and send you my address.
Thanks.

Unknown said...

Hope you enjoy it, Plan to add another segment from the book. I read it awhile ago but I read about and some of us have talked about how we as Believers have this "christianese" talk down so sometimes our prayer request are a bit "weak"/not so real..explain more later,,,But anyway enjoy the read..