Thursday, October 16, 2008

The times..they are a changing!

It's not very difficult to look around and see that things are changing. Where I live, the leaves have turned and are falling rapidly. Very soon, our thoughts will turn to Thanksgiving and yes, even Christmas. By the way, wasn't that just a month ago???

Anyway, it just seems like we can't keep up. I'm getting older a whole lot faster than I'd like. I can see my mom's health failing faster than I'd care to. All of the presidential candidates are promising change.

Heck, change is good...ask any woman. However, I like a little consistancy. Just once I'd like to go into my eye doctor's office and be told that my eyes haven't gotten worse.

I'm reminded of God's Word that says "Forever O Lord Your Word is settled in Heaven." Now it's up to me to settle it in my heart. I need to know that He doesn't change. I need to know that His mercy endures to all generations.

No matter what is changing, I know that some things will remain...Now these 3 things remain; faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good Stuff Donny..except the reminder of getting older...man time does fly no matter if you are have fun or not...Hope, Faith and Love, selah