Tuesday, September 30, 2008

In Your Presence


Part of my job is to listen for new music and make additions for my program (Worship 180). While reviewing the new CD from Sonic Flood, I came across a song that I think puts clearly into words what this Beautiful Ache is all about. The song is "In Your Presence." Here are the words:

There is pain among the beauty and broken things behind this mask of gold
And my life, merely ashes...Dust that the Maker gently holds
His hands form a diamond and forgot that it was once a piece of coal

Yeah, You change me and You give me a new name

In Your presence there is strength for the weak
In Your power I fall to my knees
In Your touch you heal my disease
In Your presence hold me, hold me

If I have value in Your eyes, well sometimes it's so hard to comprehend

That I'm made in Your image when it seems I'm just another grain of sand
and why You treat me with such love I don't think I'll ever understand

Yeah, You love me and You give me a new name

I stand amazed at this great love
I can't explain...how You know my name
In You my soul is complete
Freedom from the darkness

Today, see yourself as loved by Him. Even through this Beautiful Ache, He has not forgotten you. There is value in your life because He says so.

1 John 3:1

What marvelous love the Father has extended to us! Just look at it—we're called children of God! That's who we really are. But that's also why the world doesn't recognize us or take us seriously, because it has no idea who he is or what he's up to.--The Message

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There is pain among the beauty and broken things behind this mask of gold
And my life, merely ashes...Dust that the Maker gently holds
His hands form a diamond and forgot that it was once a piece of coal

I really like that part to say the least. I've been thinking about the prodigal son story lately and how I heard someone explain the father give up everything including his dignity to run after, towards his son. My what must the neighbors think who could run after such a son, hug, even kiss one who had basically wish his dad to be dead, Im better off without you and so much more but it was his father waiting, hoping, praying and seems even expecting for his son to come home. We all have questions about this and that, and for me sometimes its doubts other times countless doubts but through it all I believe there is a God and through Jesus he brings beauty in the deepest of aches.

Unknown said...

Go to bestwebsermons.wordpress.com
and check out Louie Giglio's Anchor of Hope message.

I dont think I will ever list here a message to check out but this is very good,real. If anyone knows if its possible to put it up here let me know. But this is worth listening to there actually 2 parts but at least check out the first one. You will want to tell others and perhaps even blog, :).

fishinfool said...

I want to make a comment about this song but there is nothing coming to mind. Other than to say, I am experiencing a lot of the pain and brokeness right now.