Thursday, June 16, 2016

..the least of these

     
We are just a day away from returning to the states and I've been reminded of just how bad we have it. I mean according to all of our problems we post on Facebook, we are the unfortunate ones. But I believe for many believers the worst problem is the F word "FEAR". I’m not talking about the Godly fear but the godless fear. We trust Him within our imaginary walls of church, family, work, friends, hobbies and the world of FB, but are scared that the next politician will rob you of who you really are (making the president out to be more like a messiah).  The thought of leaving this man made comfort zone is just too much. God is not interested in keeping you where you are at not by a long shot, and that leads to a good/bad FEAR. If you would trust God in stepping out of your comfort into a third world problem, it would be life changing. Just minutes of walking through the slums or listening to their problems God will ruin you. By making the things of this world truly grow dim. Although they have next to nothing their smile reminds you they have hope. Our forgotten Christian brothers and sisters won't be going on any vacation, taking in major sporting events, or trading in houses and cars for that better life. I see all the things they are supposedly missing out on and I swear it's us that is missing out. The opportunity to speak into ones’ life and change it is there right before you, if only for a moment or two but perhaps for a lifetime. As a friend who once lived in the slums (now in England) told me "Few people know the beauty of stepping out of their comfort zone".
"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of THE LEAST OF THESE brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me. Matt 25:40
The one who had mercy on him.” Jesus told him, “GO AND DO LIKEWISE. Luke 10:36
And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward Matt 10 42

No comments: