Friday, June 10, 2016

Karibu (A few thoughts from our return to Kenya)


We've now been here a few days. And although this is our 5th time here at times it seems in many ways like our very first time. I don't get use to the sights,sounds and smells that surrounds me. But as the team is traveling to its outreach destination I look into my son's eyes and see my wide eye wonder son. He is taking it all in and I believe he is seeing through his Father's eyes more than any of us. Yes he sees color of skin (for later discussion) but he doesn't see rich,poor, not impressed by appearances (or lack of) of people,things or houses. Actually I don't think I've seen my child smile so much as he had done so yesterday. From morning devotional time with the staff to the "long" travel to our outreach Noah just keeps looking at me smiling. If I didn't know any better I think he is telling me "relax dad it's all good!" And truth is most times i dont know any better. From Keyser to Kenya my eyes tend to look to the circumstances in life rather than Christ.  And once I lose focus I am no longer recognizing His presence in the present.  And since our arrival Ive been reminded by Noah at least 3 times a day as he sings (and ) dances ....
There's a sun coming up
In my soul, Lord, in my soul
There's a sun coming up
In my soul, Lord, in my soul
I see the light, I see the light
I see the light, I see the light
Oh, thank You, God, I see the light
Woah, woah, woah....

No comments: