Friday, September 2, 2011

WWID




He began looking for just the right moment to hand him over (Matthew 26:16)



This verse caught my attention years ago. And even after "getting my attention" I found I soon had no problem handing Him over. I dont get it, I will never understand it and I would now (finally) never say I wont do it again..and I know for sure its not only me..go way back to the 1700s a 22 year old penned these words.. "Bind my wandering heart to Thee.Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, Prone to leave the God I love; Here's my heart, O take and seal it,Seal it for Thy courts above."

Its amazing to me here right in a middle of a worship song we are telling God I love you with all that I am yet with All that I am I find it easy to leave you. Sometimes I struggle but just as many times I simply choose something or somebody else with little or no hesitation.
Its not like I havent tasted Your love, Grace & Mercy. Your blessings have been countless for me and my family. Personally I could have never imagine having such a beautiful wife and son. And opportunity to travel throughout the world. And even in the midst of these "mission trips" I was more prodigal than those I was talking to about needing Jesus. "Prone:" having a tendency or inclination : being likely- Yes thats me (you?). Prone, so easy for me thats why I dont get much of "Christian TV" for "ITS ALL GOOD" until a scandal hits the airwaves. I believe it would help a lot more for Believers to admit their faults and as I posted in a earlier blog not just hey I havent read my Bible in awhile or I eat too much chocolate. No, find a friend (a good one) and share the demons and darkness in your life. Because hey if you are human (or close to it) you have such in your life.
The Blessings, the Bible Reading, devotionals, Christian Music, Christian friends, Church, Prayers..etc etc..You think this would amount to a wall of protection and a engrave reminder not to go our own way. It just seems to come down to the most basic God in all of our lives which is Self, I, ME...if I had a WWJD (and NO I dont, havent had one and dont plan on it) I believe I could wear it while "proning" with no problem. See I would just look down at it and my very desire to please self would blur it and I would see WWID (what would I DO) and when its left up to me, self alone then I know I would be "fulfilling" Matthew 26:16 handing Jesus over as this seems like the "right moment" to do it.
Thank God for His grace and mercy, it is relentless. He loves like no other and I am forever thankful for He is the Only that truly is who He says He is...Jesus, Lover of my Soul. We may know love from another but we will only find Unconditional Love in Him.

No comments: